Sunday, November 10, 2013

Halloween Part 3

It's way late, but I'm finally posting my final set of Halloween nails, and they're my least favorite of the bunch.


These nails took forever, they were super messy, and I couldn't take a picture without massive amounts of glare. They looked and felt pretty cool in person though. 


I tried to take my favorite aspect from my last mani and hoped that doing it on all my nails would make me love it that much more. No dice. I used the sugar-spun technique with Sephora by OPI Caliente Coral and Sinful Colors Black on Black, finished with Sally Hansen Dries Instantly. I tried to have an accent nail, but it turns out that it's almost impossible to tell if a nail is black with orange stripes or orange with black stripes. I should have stuck with black stripes because my orange was way too thin for this technique, which explains why my ring finger looks so much messier than my other fingers. 


Unless I figure out a way for these to work better for me (maybe using quick-dry polish?), I probably won't be trying sugar-spun nails in the near future. 



No comments:

Post a Comment