Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Lady's Man, Man's Man, Man About Town

One of my guilty pleasures is this movie Down With Love. It's set in the sixties, and Renee Zellweger's character writes a book about letting women have sex like a man, without falling in love, and she denounces Ewan McGregor's character as the worst kind of man. So of course, Ewan McGregor assumes a fake identity to make her fall in love so that he can write an expose about her. While Ewan McGregor is all kinds of sexy, the best part of the movie is their respective best friends' relationship.

So I did some Down With Love nails:


My base color is Nicole by OPI How Fairy Nice of You! I used a nail art brush to paint on the arrows and the broken heart in Essie Off the Shoulder. As per usual, everything's topped with Sally Hansen Dries Instantly


My nails are meant to look like the book cover in the movie, but I may have neglected to check what the actual color scheme was before I painted my nails. The nail colors are inversions of the movie colors, but I don't care too much. 



This is another one where I like my right hand better than my left hand. The heart shards don't match up on my left hand, and once again, I was to lazy to redo them. That seems to be a common theme in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment