Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Halloween Part 2

One set of Halloween nails wasn't enough. I had a Halloween party to go to last weekend, and since I kind of threw my costume together, I decided that I needed to put a lot of effort into my nails.

I've been waiting to use this one Halloween glitter polish for AGES. It was in my Introductory Grab Bag from Llarowe, but of course I got it last January. I've been waiting for so long to break it out, and I'm so happy that I didn't forget about it.

Are you ready for all this Halloween goodness?


BAM. Does it get anymore Halloween-y? My Halloween glitter is Naild' It Candy Corn. I liked the polish a lot, but I thought the copper glitter overpowered a lot of the classic Halloween colors. It had orange, yellow, black, and white mini-hexes with a few black and white bars. I didn't even know about the big white hexes until one showed up on my brush. I tried to dig for another big hex glitter, but I never found one. Even though the copper glitter was the main focus, everything is forgiven because it's SO SHINY! The shine doesn't come out great in my pictures, but trust me, I could look at my glitter nails at different angles for a solid five minutes. 


All of the orange polish is OPI A Roll in the Hague and the black polish is Essie Licorice. I free-handed the spider web and the half moon with a nail art brush, and then I tried the sugar-spun technique on my pinkie. I really loved this effect, but I think it could have come out a lot better if I had a bit more patience and waited the full 10 minutes before trying to put the black on my nail. 


Last but not least, I valiantly tried to stamp again. Needless to say, it didn't work out. I had this cute little Winstonia stamp that said Boo! but after a few terrible attempts, I replaced it with the half moon and a little black rhinestone that I attatched with nail glue. I topped everything off with a coat of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly (two coats on the glitter), and I was ready to party. 

No comments:

Post a Comment