Wednesday, October 30, 2013

QUITTERS NEVER WIN

It's been a while. And by a while, I mean about five full months since I last posted. I'm still getting the hang of this blogging thing, and hopefully I'll get more consistent. On the plus side, I figured out how to transfer my questionable phone photos (sorry, don't own a decent camera) to my computer without emailing myself. Yay! That should make the blogging process a bit easier.

I've done my nails a few times in the last month, but they're all getting uploaded today. First, I had this cloud theme going. Basically, I had a new light blue polish that I wanted to try out, and I thought, "Why not try to get better at stamping?" I failed on so many accounts.

My intention was to do a hand of clouds with a plain accent nails, but it ended up the other way around. Stamping is hard. Fail #1.

Light blue is one of my favorite colors to have on my nails. I had the perfect one, but it broke in my shoe when I had it packed in a suitcase. I've been shopping around for a replacement blue for ages, and I've picked up a few different shades here and there. I meant to use Sally Hansen Blue-Away for my base, but I GRABBED THE WRONG BLUE. Fail #2. 


I ended up using Salon Perfect Baby Blue as my base and my stamping polish. The white is OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, and I managed to work in Blue-Away by wiping most of the polish of the brush and doing a very sparse coat on the blue nails. The cloud pattern is Winstonia plate W113. 


After a few tries at stamping, I was finally happy-ish with the results when I ACCIDENTALLY STABBED THE MY MIDDLE FINGER WITH THE CORNER OF MY THUMB NAIL. Fail #3. 

I just could not catch a break with this silly stamping, so I just let it be, covered it with some Sally Hansen Dries Instantly, and pretended like bump in my middle nail didn't bother me. (Spoiler alert: It bothered me.)

Clouds aren't supposed to be even in the sky anyway. That's why they're so lopsided--I wanted to be more realistic. That works, right?







No comments:

Post a Comment