Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Halloween Part 1

It's that time of year again, and I decided to celebrate one of my favorite holidays with a little blood splatter.



Splatter nails are a ton of fun and super easy to do. I started with two coats of Revlon Elegant. On a piece of tin foil, I dabbed out a bit of Revlon Vintage. I grabbed my handy-dandy straw and made sure I got a nice goop of nail polish on the end (that's a technical term). Just blow the polish onto your nail, and redo the process until you're done! I finished this off with China Glaze Matte Magic when the shiny just wasn't working for me. 


Cleanup, however, is not quite so easy. The polish likes to blow everywhere and every shade of red loves to stain my nails. I was silly, and I forgot to put tape or Vaseline or glue around my nails to help with the mess. Instead, I was left to clean up all the stray polish with cotton balls and Q-tips.


Cleanup took a while, but I think it was worth it. I got a TON of compliments on these nails (especially from my friends who watch Dexter), and I think they were perfect for Halloween without being too in-your-face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment