Wednesday, October 30, 2013

My Q.U.E.E.N.

Can we talk about Janelle Monae real quick? Because damn. She's pretty much my idol. I can't even explain how great I think she is.

Her new album is pretty fantastic, and I got to go her concert two weeks ago, so of course I did some Janelle Monae inspired nails. Any fan would probably think black and white, maybe tuxedo nails, but I decided to base my nails off of her hands in the video for Dance Apocalyptic.


I seriously can't listen to that song without dancing.

Yellow nails + gold rings = DOTTING GALORE.


I don't know why I don't use my dotting tools more because they're SO MUCH FUN. I used a base of Sally Hansen Lightening and dotted on various sizes of Revlon Golden. I put various colored dots on top of three gold dots to create the "rings." I had meant to go over it with Sephora by OPI's Only Gold For Me Top Coat, but the glitter payoff was awful. Seriously, I got practically zero glitter on my nails, so I ended up pouring some out and placing the little gold hex glitters on top of the smaller gold polish dots. I really like how it turned out. 


As per usual, it's topped off with Sally Hansen Dries Instantly. This turned out to be one of my favorite manicures I've ever done; it had so much pop and it was pretty easy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment