Monday, May 27, 2013

Summer in the City

I'm home for the summer! And by that, I mean I'm home for about 10 more days until I leave for my job as a camp counselor in Minnesota. As we slide into summer, I wanted to highlight the bright colors that come with the season. I'm from New Orleans, so summer is hot and humid, which to me, translates to brights and neons, none of that pastel nonsense.



Much to my dismay, I'm unable to travel with my full collection; most of my polish will be gathering dust in my roommate's basement until we go back to school. Devastated as I am, this is really just an opportunity for me to buy more nail polish.

I used some of my new China Glazes--White on White and Sun Worshiper--as well as OPI A Good Mandarin is Hard to Find. The flowers have touches of Nails Inc. Brompton Place and Essie Mint Candy Apple. The flowers are free handed; my ring finger uses nail tape, and my thumb was done with  Winstonia's plate W111.

Against the wall? Not really working for me. 
With flash? I'm thinking it's a bad idea.

I'm still working on what hand position, location, and lighting are going to work best for me, so hang in there. It can only get better (hopefully).

No comments:

Post a Comment